Friday, May 29, 2009

A week in pictures

Try these no bakes.  Your arteries will thank you.
The best part of every day.
Next five pictures:  Boring, but demonstrate God's love
Above and below.  Broken dryer.  A sad day.
Below:  the new dryer found on Craig's list one hour after 'the break.'
Four hours after the break, nice country gentleman who just happened to be coming this way turned his truck shipment around to pick this baby up out of his warehouse to turn around and DELIVER to us.  No driving, no extra fee.  Just $100 dollars and we have a dryer that's been used once.  
Below: this baby breaks today. I know it's called a 'double-o-two' and my husband can't work/feed our family without it.  Maybe like an accountant without a calculator.  I don't know, but for sure a grim day around here.  One thousand dollars plus to replace.
On his way out of town today to pick up a new one, a friend calls Erick on his cell phone.  "Hey, I was just talking to my buddy the other day.  He saw one at a pawn shop in town for $600!" Erick turns car around and goes to pawn shop.  Brand new.  The newest model which costs $2,000.  Erick offered them way less than they were asking.  Sold.  

Welcome to the family, little guy.  Thanks in advance.
I don't know why I ever doubt.

Didn't I say that Erick's generous bicycle purchase would lead to broken (and expensive) items around the house?
Mmm hmm.  


10 comments:

Summer said...

you soooo called it, girl. BTW, be expecting a phone call from me tomorrow. Raegan and Mia are having a date with me at Orange Tree, case closed.

kj said...

Thank the Lord for the guy who stole the device to pawn it. Good needed to come from that. : )

Gene said...

God's so good, isn't he, sugar? I'm so happy for you and Erick!

Hearing your good news makes my whole day!

Mom and Dad

Elizabeth Mullins said...

We have that same dryer...good stuff! I would have never thought to ask less at a pawn shop, but I also got onto Joshua for bartering on our honeymoon...

Wa Wa Waughs said...

An upside to the recession!!! Happy for you guys!

Jaime said...

Glad it all worked out.

And to reply to your comment, I am not opposed to water guns, but the spray bottle was way cheaper than the Turbo Blaster Beck desperately wants. Also they spray each other in the house with the water bottle that I do their hair with and I get so mad at them for soaking the bathroom everyday so I knew the water bottle was already a hit.

Matt said...

Erick, How is it that you find ALL the great pawn shop deals? 003 for less than $600... you suck! Way to go though.

Gena said...

Matt, I'm so glad someone else understands the absurdity of a 003 for less than $600. I can't believe I just typed that.

amy said...

Wow, that is a great deal on a 003!! Erick is the master at getting great deals.

Hey, I just recently made no-bakes in a casserole dish instead of scooping out for cookies. You can cut bars out of it like brownies when it cools. It's less work and just as yummy!

AND, have you ever tried using Baker's chocolate squares in the place of the cocoa? Yummy!!!

Natalie Hudkins said...

So glad you posted the cookie recipe and even happier that you found good deals!