Monday, March 31, 2008

Really nothing to say

I knew there was a reason I don't put my kids to sleep at 8:30. I'm now remembering that for some reason, this makes them wake up at 5 and 5:30, respectively. I have no idea what Greyson's deal was. Raegan woke up crying because she wet her pull-up. Normally she couldn't care less, but this time there were four skittles riding on whether or not she could have a dry one in the morning. Yeah, well, it's not dry (and I'm not sure 5:30 a.m. should be considered morning). Please don't hold it against me that we still do the pull-up thing. For us, that's just been the only option. I think I just may have to start waking her up in the night to take her. We're just going to have to go cold turkey in a couple of weeks. Any night time suggestions would be MUCH appreciated. I'd rather NOT have to know that a show called Oobi is on Noggin at that hour of the day. Oobi...Noggin...who comes up with these names?

I guess that's it. I do love this time of year, though. Even if it means being awakened by tornado sirens at 1 in the morning. Man, that was creepy. If something ever happens to me, and Erick and the kids are by themselves during a tornado in the middle of the night, someone please call my house. You wouldn't guess it by our early day today, but they are all pretty deep sleepers. I however, have been trained and conditioned to wake up at the faintest sounds, including my mute schnauzer's toenails clicking on the floor at 3 in the morning when she needs to be let out. She doesn't bark - she just clicks down the hall and bores a hole through my head with her eyes until I wake up. Maybe not the brightest dog, but I will give her a little credit for 'asking' to be let out.

Just a shout-out to a guy who got less sleep than me. I will continue to live vicariously through your storm-chasing adventures.

4 comments:

Heather said...

For ideas with the night-time potty training, we bought an alarm clock and set it for 2 am, had Dustin get up and go to the bathroom and go back to sleep. It took him a couple of weeks of doing that, and we stopped doing it, and he's been fine ever since. It's a pain to have to get up in the middle of the night, but it's a bigger pain to change and wash sheets everyday! And, the rest of my family slept through the whole storm too! What's up with that????

myra said...

You're such a better mom than I am, Gena. I would not be a happy mommy if Morgandy decided to get up at 5 am.
And I hear you about sleeping lightly. I think it's one of those great joys of motherhood to not be able to sleep through noises. :)

Dara said...

Ben and I completely slept through the siren. We are trained to only listen for crying babies. I'm just glad the tornado didn't come.

Jaime said...

Those crazy OK storms. Beck has Nemo fruit snacks riding on a dry pull up at naptime. We have to overcome that hurddle before going to the bedtime stuff. He would choose a Pull-up every chance he gets...so we are going cold turkey too. I think tomorrow may be the first day he goes to school in underwear. he doesn't usually have accidents at home, but I hate to put his teachers through it just in case. Potty training is a pain!