Scenario: Fun morning spent watching parade, scooping up handfuls of candy, catching up with friends, waiting in line for lunch, signing up for Memorial Marathon.
Backtrack....did I just sign myself up for a MARATHON? Did I seriously just tell Neil and Darci that "Oh yeah, that sounds like a great time! Just sign me up." What I really meant to say was, "Marathon? You're kidding, right? I'm just telling you what you want to hear because you are staked out at the beginning of the food line, where you are taking advantage of unsuspecting OC alumni who are in turn taking advantage of free cole slaw and cold hamburgers covered with flies. Never in my right mind would I do such an idioic thing."
Unfortunately, I did NOT say what I was thinking, and now find myself PAYING to run/jog/walk/shuffle/crawl/die a 6 mile leg of the race. The last time I ran was out the door of boot camp, straight back home to my chocolate and ginger snaps. This can not be good.
6 comments:
That picture is hilarious! Good luck on the run! I can barely run 2 to 3 miles...have fun with 6!!
Um...I signed up for that too...I am not sure if I will do it though.
When I hear stories like that I am glad I don't live in OK anymore becuase I probably would have said the same thing as you. :-) I don't run. I have always told Ben I think my lungs are too small for that. Good luck!
Yeah I've laughed hysterically about it so many times that they finally stopped asking me:)
Oh good, I'll have someone else there who will start the race, slip off through a side road, wait, then rejoin the crowd once they are about 2 minutes from the finish line. Fun!
That is the funniest post ever.
Post a Comment