Thursday, January 3, 2013

Colds, bedmaking, and the week AFTER Christmas

Going with a theme on the sporadic titles lately.  Bear with me.

We had two wonderful Christmases spent with our families.  Thanks to the never-ending flu, plans changed a bit and we headed to see Erick's family right before the new year.  In the typical fashion of a Mother whose children are out of the adorable baby phase and aren't quite at the "Oh my goodness, I only have three years left before they leave me I better take as many pictures as I can" phase.....I didn't take a single picture.

Kids, you were cute and cuddly.  You wrote letters to Santa, laid out the cookies, and did the usual adorable Christmas drill.  I shall do better next year!

Thanks to my handy iphone, I at least have some record that we were alive during the month of December.


Christmas Eve and Polar Express.



Midnight Mass, and I do mean midnight.  Oy.


Two of my favorite guys.


Two of my favorite foosball players.


 And although these photos below have NOTHING to do with Christmas other than they have made me a very happy Mama, I have to put them on this post.  

We had a bed Erick made years ago.  
We gave our bed to my brother in exchange for a drool-worthy dining table.  
I don't care so much for sleep, but beautiful modern tables with lots of extending features?  Yes.

Alas, we needed sleep and a bed.  Of course, Erick has been stowing away stumps from Grandad's farm and pieces of milled lumber just waiting for the chance to make another one.

I don't know how he does it.





And just 10 minutes ago, the final touches...



I love him, and I love bedrooms away from noisy children.  
Thanks for the dream room, E.

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday and that bedroom is awesome! You two are way too talented...

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Your bedroom is awesome. Think of all the money you have saved from not having to buy lumber.

Alyssa said...

The holiday sounds perfect and the room is fabulous!!!