My son is five, soon to be six. He is either going through some major growth spurt or got waaaay too attached to Mama over Christmas Break. (Don't ask Erick what he refers to this as). Although I miss him terribly while he's at school, I think a little 'detachment' time will serve him well.
All that to say, he likes to do exactly two things at moment. Not eating, not sleeping, not brushing teeth or playing with toys or picking up toys or really basically anything that I suggest. He's grouchy, he's whiny (oh so whiny), and he has verbal opinions on just about everything that come in moan-form.
He discovered he likes two things this Christmas break.
He likes basketball. He likes being attached to my hip.
Since my back and my common sense tell me to not haul around a giant of a Kindergartner at all hours of the day, we have been hitting the court/oily driveway. I don't have to hold him and my biceps are getting a killer workout. It's a win win.
Sometimes his sister joins us with a third ball, but generally stands around in the cold with some annoying sister-like diversion (in this case, a Highlights magazine) and forces her brother to 'use his sounds' and read a short story.
The sheer absurdity of it all makes me laugh, but hey....he's reading way above where his sister was at this age. I thank you, darling book-shoving-in-you-brother's-face daughter.




4 comments:
So a least you got him off the hip long enough to get the camera...
I'm sure going to school will help! Let me remind you my youngest cried every first day of school until 4th grade...
Man..good job you. And i have to ask...did you get a mini-copper??
Hey Jenn! Yes, it's a mini. It's Erick's, or really whoever is driving the most that day. Great gas mileage!
My almost 6 year old has had similar symptoms! Loved the post!
Post a Comment