Sweet Lyndon. You will never know the thousands of miles I have traveled with your Mommy, the laughs we have shared, the clothes we have traded. Memories of hideous yellow variety show dresses and sharing twizzlers on boats. Detective work and secrets that only we share. Vans, swimming pools, apartments, and dorm rooms. Seinfeld at midnight and your Mama's infamous gurgles. Guitars, lipstick, church camps, and insect bites. Picking marshmallows out of Lucky Charms and Elvis Impersonators named Smokey. Opening cans of tuna in small enclosed spaces, abhorring artificially flavored chips, and bran muffins. Lots and lots of bran muffins. Speaking a language only she can understand, your Mom will attempt to speak in any language, in any country.
Despite our hundreds of travels together, no trip or performance will ever compare to you, sweet boy.
You are the perfection that was so long in coming, such a beautiful sight to behold.
You (and your Daddy) are the light of her life. I hope you both know what a treasure you have in my Lisa Gail. Thanks for coming over to play!
Luckily for her, photo quality improved greatly in a decade.
Lucky for us, nothing has ever changed. Nothing ever will.
Love you Lis.


5 comments:
What a sweet post! I love having special friends like that!
What a sweet post! I love having special friends like that!
(gurgle gurgle) *sniff, tear, sniff*
oops, it double posted on me, too!
Post a Comment