There are several reasons I love today.
First, it's trash day and I had some seriously nasty smells coming from my trash can this weekend. I have learned the hard way to put rotten yard scum into a trash bag as opposed to just dumping it in the big green guy.
Second, the phantom black dog that I kept seeing in my side vision yesterday has disappeared. Apparently when I am pretty exhausted I get teary and see black dogs everywhere I go. A couple of points yesterday had me stepping over a little furry animal that was a figment of my imagination. 8 hours of sleep and he's gone. Hallelujah.
I get to work out for the first time in a couple of weeks.
It's the day after recital and all of my students did really well. A certain Father who had 7th row seats to the Game 7 semifinals chose to come watch his kids perform instead of going to the game. Dad of the century! (JF)
My Mother-in-law came for a visit and spoiled the entire family with a trip to Target and Mazzios and to-go Chinese food. I start Monday with a new book (and a room full of laundry that she folded.) Love you Nona.
I'm taking my daughter to get a haircut after school. This is an exciting prospect, and I anticipate less hair-brushing tears, screaming, and face-contorting when we wake up tomorrow morning.
Have a good Monday!
5 comments:
Happy Monday Gena!
Alyssa, you are another reason I love this day. Thanks for taking zero comments to a one! Wahoo..
Glad you made the most of it! Tip for the trash can: when it's empty, open it up on a rainy day and let the rain wash it out!
It's not fair that you can go without working out for two weeks and be fine. I felt like passing out after today. I went to work looking terrible! Ha.
"First, it's trash day and I had some seriously nasty smells coming from my trash can this weekend. I have learned the hard way to put rotten yard scum into a trash bag as opposed to just dumping it in the big green guy."
That made me laugh!
Post a Comment