I always knew wearing way-too short shorts, wool knee high socks, $7 dollar store imitation ugg boots, and a high school sweatshirt circa 1996 would come in handy while taking my daughter to school. Fear of discovery of my outfit helped me avoid being the 4th car in a 3 car pile-up this morning. All I heard was 'boom, boom', and the sound of my own accelerator hitting the floorboards. Nothing like am embarrassing early morning outfit to keep me quick on my toes.
I now know why my mom refused to take me to school in her houserobe and slippers. Lesson learned.

However, I'm giving myself complete permission to wear this ensemble around the house. Neighbors and drop-in company....consider yourself warned.
6 comments:
You can still call me Becky! I just use Rebecca for company stuff, internet, bills, things like that. My in-laws call me Becca, my friends call me Becky, or Bec when they're lazy. I actually rarely hear any name other than Mrs. Terlisner though! People usually just look at me when they're talking to me.
Nice outfit by the way. I was in a wreck in Denver a few years back, and hadn't shaved since who knows when! The trip to the hospital was a bit embarrassing.
minus short shorts (that requires shaving regularly!) I sadly take this look to walmart, wednesday church, everywhere these days. I think more people should follow!
Your 'taking the kids to school' story made me laugh. I remember when I used to take you to schoo. and, partly (ok, totally) out of mischief, I would look out the car windows and make 'Ruby lips' that passing drivers could see -- whereupon you would dive into the floor of the car so none of your friends would see that you were in the car with me.
Your blog this morning took me way back in time today. Thanks for the fun break in my workday!
Love you!
Will you be leaving this outfit on for Macy's lesson? Knowing her she won't even notice! lol
I love it. High School sweatshirt??? Wow.
Some day I am coming to OKC to pop in on you and I hope you are wearing that outfit again so we match. I don't exactly have time to cute up every day either.
I am soooo happy you are still running. Just had to add that.
Love ya. Mean it.
G,
You're not alone. There are lots of people who like to dress like this all the time. They are mostly homeless people.
Erick
Post a Comment