Thursday, February 5, 2009

You know it's not the 80's anymore when....


Pearl Jam isn't your favorite band anymore. It's an action performed with your pearl earring in the keyhole of your jewelry armoire.


Your favorite fish earrings circa 1988 have become the objects of the complex game 'stickin it', and 'crackin it'. Hanging this thing in the crack on the wall occupies 45% of Greyson's day. I spend the majority of my day feigning excitement as he drags me over (for the thousandth time): "I crackin it, Mom!"

The silly putty you lovingly and stupidly bought your 4 and 2 year old is not found laying on top of the Sunday comics or rolled up in a ball. It now resembles dog urine and lays embedded in the fibers of your new wool rug. Permanently.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

You REALLY know it's not the 80's anymore when teachers walk around with rulers to measure the length of a girl's skirt, not the hight of her hair!

Emily said...

Those are some rockin fish earrings. Rockin.

I think I had some similar ones with dolphins on them.

Andi Hawkins said...

I think I remember those earrings. Wowza.

Too bad about the silly putty. Ingrates!

kj said...

Okay did you WEAR those fish earrings? They are as big as you are!!!!!!

Gene said...

Are those earrings 'to scale'...so to speak? They're huge! It's a wonder you don't have to tuck your earlobs into your blouse!

Dad

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I LIKE those earrings and you might see me wearing my origami fish earrings from time to time!

Chrissey said...

Umm...we have silly puddy stuck to our remote keypad! And I can't even blame that one on my kids,I did it! I don't remember it being that sticky when we were younger!