Sunday, October 19, 2008

Livin' on Tulsa time

It's not a trip to the Grand Canyon, but it is a weekend in Tulsa. I played with the Tulsa Symphony last night, so Erick and the kids drove up to spend the night. As much as I look forward to leaving town to play sometimes, I really can't wait to see them again. Greyson got off that elevator and looked at me like I was an alien for a second. I don't think he can place me anywhere other than home. It didn't take him long to remember who I was, though.

We're still here. I'm done playing, but we are staying until this afternoon. We were going to head to the aquarium in Jenks, but we had a slight change of plans when we realized the Ringling Brothers are performing RIGHT DOWN THE STREET!!! We can practically smell the elephants. I honestly don't remember ever going to the circus. Maybe when I was 3 or 4. Either way, it's been a really long time.

You can be sure we'll put some circus pictures on here tonight. Hope you're having a great Fall Break.

(And Sarah B., thanks for the book. I got to read a chapter while everyone was asleep last night. I'm hooked.)

No comments: