Thursday, February 21, 2008

My precious little monster

I can't believe that my first baby will be 4 in May, and my second baby is turning 1 in a couple of weeks. Instead of beating my head against the wall about how my first 'baby' is acting, I thought I would just blog about it instead. The roads really aren't that slick this morning, but if you were anywhere near the vicinity of 33rd and Boulevard and Raegan's Sonshine School, the careening, swerving, out of control, pushed to the limit (that one was me, not the car) Saturn was me. I really came close to running a couple of other SUVs off of the road. I know they say that age 4 is better, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it. I didn't know that 3 year olds could act so much like crazed adolescents. Everything is such a roller coaster of emotions.....crying, whining, swatting at Mom and Greyson, batting eyelashes to make up for swatting Mom and Greyson, throwing a massive temper tantrum, crying again, whining again......and the cycle repeats itself. Today is just one of those days that I need to hear things are magically going to get easier, and I will have my angel back someday. I just KNOW she's in there somewhere.

Scrolling through i-photo I found this picture from 2 years ago. Not the thing to do when you're already feeling emotional. I need a box of Kleenex now.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish I had more encouraging news, but 4 seems to be challenging as well. I'm pretty sure the trend continues until they leave for college. Heaven help us all.

Jaime said...

She is too cute to cause any trouble! Ha--believe me you are not alone in the feelings. I feel pretty bad when Beck says, "Mommy, are you mad AGAIN?" It occurs often. And I hate to say it but even college and beyond will bring challenges, I am sure. At least we can drop them off a couple mornings a week for our sanity. :-)

myra said...

It's so hard when you're in the middle of a stage isn't it. You're a great mom Gena and there is no one better qualified to help Raegan through this time than you. Hang in there :).

DeeDee said...

I am right there with ya, my sweet little angel Caden is having some whining issues lately, but lucky for me she saves them just for me!! Her teachers always comment on how sweet natured she is.

Sarah said...

I have to say 4 has been wonderful for us. In fact, 4 is so much better that I am even dealing with 2 better.

I think your sweet girl will level out soon, for a few years anyway! Piper better!!!!

God help us all if they don't! haha

Lesley said...

Oh Boy! Is this a girl thing? Callon was hard from 2-4, but turned sweet all of a sudden. Cailey is already.. ummm.... very very persistent.

jeff and misty said...

about 12 years ago a friend of mine (that had a 4 year old boy) told me she was certain an alien had plucked her son up on his 3rd birthday and brought him back on his 4th birthday. i have never seen the terrible twos at our house, but have seen the horrific threes 6 times and fully believe in aliens (ha). hang in. there will be a 4th birthday soon.
:)

suzspeaks said...

I was just talking today about how I thought 3 was going to be a lot harder for us than 2. This morning I had a not-so-good mommy moment. I know that Reagan will come through! That picture is beautiful!!