Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A death

Her first bike.  My two ton jeep.  An unfortunate accident.

"Honey, you're probably going to be really upset, but I just ran over your bike with my car.  It's ruined."

Daughter (smiling)  "Seriously? YES!  I was so sick of those princesses."

So, the ice cream outing that Dad had promised for an awesome report card made the easy transition into Academy and a hula bike worthy of the beaches of Maui.

Don't expect this every nine weeks, sweet girl.  I might start heading for your guinea pig cage and an unfortunate encounter with the many dogs that urinate on my daffodils.  (hmm hmm)




Happy biking, princess.

3 comments:

Erick said...

This was a super special day...one of those that a dad will remember forever. We had so much fun that day (plus, it was much more fun not being broke)!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

LOL! Welcome to the Bad Mother club! Good think R didn't care!

Alyssa said...

I like this story. :)