Monday, January 23, 2012

Once upon a time there was a buttery yellow tooth. Or five.

Raegan lost a tooth yesterday.  I came home after playing my violin at a friendly church (Great Grandpa is gasping for air) down the road and my little girl had grown a foot.  She was taller, less babyish, and had pulled her own tooth for the first time.  No big deal.

It's like God's little way of making a child's eventual separation less painful.  They don't need you anymore, but start pulling their own sweet little baby white teeth unaware that the monstrous yellow ridged ones are sure to follow.  

Why are big teeth so weird looking at first?  I'm sure we must grow into them at some point because I have never gone around contemplating how huge and ridge-y my friends' teeth are.  Maybe they're like babies' big heads.  Weird and bumpy and enormous (although kind of cute) and sometimes yellow-y.

That's my thought for today.  I wish I could have pulled that tooth and I'm wishing she would have cried. I like needy co-dependent children.

Please son, keep hollering for my help when you're done using the restroom.  I have parented your sister too well.


Sincerely, Mama.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I keep telling Mia to scrub her teeth every five minutes thinking they will get whiter. Doesn't work at all.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

LOL! Yes, I've always thought it was good to have oversized features because you will grow up around them.