I have had a wonderful, glorious day.
Although blurry, this photo a mom e mailed me has made me smile a bunch.
There is a sweet 3rd grader hiding under this mask.
She learned Minuet 3 by Bach in two weeks.
That's kind of a big deal.
In other news:
I'm 34.
I like this because it's a round number and just feels good.
I like this year and the promise it holds.
I don't think I will 'claim' it with a certain word like some of my friends do.
BUT if I were going to pick one word for today it would be confidence.
I feel confident in where I'm heading and who I am becoming.
Probably when I was 20, 34 would have seemed ancient and hopeless.
Somehow, it still feels like a beginning.
I hope when I'm 60, I'm still just beginning and growing.
And playing with my Grandbabies, of course.
For today, I will just be a Mom and drink lots of Starbucks and dream my dreams.
Take that, 20 year old self.....
5 comments:
YEAH!! Eat it 20.
You show that smaller number who's boss honey!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GENA!!! Sorry Im late! I was gone and missed it!! Hope it was great! YOu dont look a day over 16! :)
Happy birthday! 34 is nothing to us 47 year olds!
Thanks guys! I thought you might be gone, Katie. Glad you're back!
Happy birthday Gena! Hope you had a super day!
Post a Comment