Friday, August 12, 2011

One year ago today


One year ago today I was in a hospital in Wichita saying goodbye to my Cousin Steve. A daughter was turning thirteen and singing the Wind Beneath My Wings as she held her Daddy's hand for the last time. A wife and Father were grieving the loss of their best friend. A sister cried for times she would never get back with her brother.

Steve, we miss you and your infectious smile and sense of humor. We miss your generosity. We miss your love of life and having fun with each other.

Your little girl is turning 14 today and you would be so proud of her. We all are.

Love you forever Steve!



2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

What a sweet letter. I can't imagine the year they've had.

Summer said...

Wow. What an awesome letter. I pray our kids never have to experience that pain as children. God bless her.