Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Things

I'm coming down from a candy corn high. There's also a huge bag of oreos sitting on the kitchen counter and I'm about to delve into those. Where that thought is going I don't know. This has been a hard but wonderful week. I'm so thankful for good friends and family and the beginning of another school year. I won't lie, I have a hard time every year seeing how fast my kids have grown and how much they are beginning to branch out away from the Mother Hen. I think it's slowly getting easier, though. All it takes is a few jumps on the trampoline (a trip to the restroom because I'm the Mother Hen), some more jumps on the trampoline, some rolling around on the ground in a big tickle fest....and all is right with the world.

I have just decided that I'm going to make the most of every waking moment that I have with my 'babies' and I'm not going to be so melancholy and sentimental. A little, maybe. I just want to try to be really productive with our time and energy and just have fun and enjoy life! I drove past the guy that stands on the corner by Mardel's today (you know who he is) that jams out to his i pod and bounces his Pizza Hut sign to an invisible beat. That guy is making the most out of a potentially miserable job in the HEAT and is having the time of his life. I love him for that.

Hmmm. I just needed to say that on this eve of eve of the first day of school. Somewhere my daughter is toodling around on the scooter with Dad, my son is no doubt making a big mess in the bathtub, and I'm just happy. Please remind me I said this when some crazy mothering hormone comes in and knocks me off my blissful feet. For now, this is as good as it gets.

10 comments:

Erick said...

This is nice Goona!

Heather said...

awesome thoughts....I'm right there with ya. I just want to enjoy everything as it is...and be content. Thanks for the great post, Gena!

Summer said...

Thanks for making me feel like an out of control hormonal psychopath.

Actually, thanks for the reality check :)

Summer said...

Thanks for making me feel like an out of control hormonal psychopath.

Actually, thanks for the reality check :)

Kayla said...

I love that Pizza Hut guy!!

jenn b said...

I love the Pizza Hut guy too! He looks (and acts) just like a kid who lived down the street from us growing up way back when. I can't help but smile everytime I see him out there!
Love your thoughts too. Hope the first days of school go well for you guys this week!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Exactly. So glad you are able to realize this with your sweet young famiy and enjoy God's blessings!

OK Chick said...

LOVE the Pizza Hut guy. He is my highlight many days. I want to ask him how much weight, if any, has he lost this summer. He rocks out almost everyday, and that's gotta burn come calories.

Monona Dill said...

I wish I lived close enough to get a look at the Pizza Hut guy. I know that I would really like him, too.
Grandma Nona

Natalie Hudkins said...

I think I am going to make David and Drew have a job like the Pizza Hut guy when they turn 16. It looks very character building.
Is candy corn out already? Or is it really, really old?
First grade is big time. Good luck tomorrow R!