Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The bike whisperer

Erick came home from work early the other day. He casually came in, took his jacket off, and calmly announced it was the day training wheels were coming off.
He wasn't kidding.
If he's serious about one thing (besides music, blowdryers, and e-bay) it's bicycles. Just ask the walls of my garage. And floors. And ceilings.

The guy can MacGyver his way to a Tour de France racing bike using only a match, one piece of chain, and a handlebar. It's amazing.

Don't let the lean deceive you. In a matter of 15 minutes he had Raegan pedaling halfway down the street without help.
Scooter master was slightly jealous.
Yes, we know you're being ignored.

5 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Congrats to Reagan! I think my kids all remember the "where" and "when" of that moment!

OK Chick said...

Good for her! It was a big deal when my training wheels came off the bike. BIG DEAL!

Maria said...

HAHA I love that last picture!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Way to go!

Kayla said...

Wow! Way to go! I'm hoping Avery thinks training wheels are cool for a few more years!