There never seems to be a shortage of energetic greeters at the door who are driving segways and have consumed entirely too much a caffeine.
I think they're just trying to compete with the zoo next door. I would pay so much money to see a caffeinated, skinny-jeans- wearing bear driving a segway and giving kids high fives as they entered the zoo.
When did science geeks start dressing fashionably, spiking their hair, and wearing skinny jeans? I'm telling you ladies, if you're single and available, the museum's the place......
Mom jeans and tucked in t-shirts. The museum's also the place for these.
I detest the smell of maple syrup anytime after the breakfast hour. The mirror maze reeks of maple syrup. Next time I'm taking a pass.
The science museum is the only place in the world that a kid can climb onto a cavity. And it's the only time you will ever hear a child gleefully yell, "LOOK! A CAVITY!"
According to Raegan, the sediment canister demonstrating erosion is chocolate milk. I will never be able to convince her otherwise.
Note to the museum: If it requires a joystick, take it to the dumpster. Did you not learn anything from the slow and painful demise of Enterprise Square?
I have never been more relieved to see a sanitation cart and a jumpsuit-clad janitor spraying down exhibit surfaces. So many kids. So many kids touching things. So many sticky, maple syrup coated fingers. Ah yes....I remember why I quit teaching middle school now.
I mistakenly called a floatation device on the wing of an aircraft a torpedo. A man wearing a fanny pack, short shorts, and several wristwatches glanced at me sympathetically, and then proceeded to explain in detail exactly what we were looking at. I wanted to glance down sympathetically at his short shorts, and refer him to the skinny-jeans-wearing segway driver down the hall. Next time.
I take it back about the bear and the segway. I would settle for these characters.....
6 comments:
The science museum is where we shocked Justin into not sucking his thumb anymore. After he saw the larger than life size pictures of teeth and Bill explained that the picture of bad teeth is what happens when you suck your thumb, he quit cold turkey. Shock therapy might not work for all children.
We went today and I couldn't tell you one thing we saw. I did a cartwheel, pulled something and got a major headache...remember nothing else!
I have to say I'm not unhappy about not having to go there anymore!
It will forever be known as the Omniplex to me. Good to know that they clean things!
I don't know which time I laughed haurder....the syrup smell (which is a peeve of mine as well) or the man with the fanny pack! You'll remember from the disney trip,I love a man in a fanny pack! bahahahahahah
This started my day off with lots and lots of laughter. I think I'll come back to this in a few hours.
Post a Comment