Thursday, March 19, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

I don't want to break the streak here, so I'm going to post Random Thoughts Thursday today. Although all my posts this week have been very random and medication inFLUenced. Pun intended.

Raegan has never seen a Hannah Montana episode, and couldn't pick her out of a line up, but insisted on looking like her today. Which entailed a LOT of chalky pink lipstick that clung to all the dead skin cells on her lips, a flower dress over flare leg jeans, and flip flops. Oh yeah, and an attempt to duplicate Crystal Gayle's hair that she spent 10 minutes brushing into a shimmering, shiny gloss. (Or I should say, an attempt to duplicate Summer's former hair).

I would take a picture of her ensemble, but the hubbie took my camera to work to get some pictures recording Mick Cornett. I told him to say, "Thanks, Mickey, for putting the city on a diet. Our arteries thank you." I hope he doesn't take my advice.

I have only been craving really bad food this week. My arteries have not been thanking me.

Erick forgot to lock his car the night before last, and someone 'tossed his car' (according to Erick). Which means they threw trash and CDs around in an attempt to find cash. Erick's assured himself that they stopped when they came to his glove compartment box and found a folded up shooting target from the gun range as well as some shooting headphones. I'm sure that was it, honey. Not the fact that they were only finding empty Starbucks cups and fast food wrappers, and just decided to head to the next house.

Why do teenage kids always pick Spring Break to start breaking into unlocked cars? Are the rest of the nights of the year just not as convenient? Do they think the cops are taking Spring Break off, too? I'll never understand the rationale.

I may start a 'Random Foods Friday' of random food items I find at the Asian supermarket soon. I LOVE entering the foreign land of Asian food stores. It's the weekly way I escape to another country. For today, I will put my newest favorite food item on this post:

Baby bananas (on left)
Greyson loves them - perfectly toddler sized
Raegan hates them.
She hates lots of foods.
At least I got her to like wasabi peas.

10 comments:

OCdeanwife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gene said...

'Yes, we have no bananas', as the song goes....but we DO have a LOT of comments from Joni (OCDean's wife)....! Ha!

Greyson loves them...he's no doubt the 'top banana' of fruit consumption...not a picky eater!

I'm glad that you guys are all getting well! We've missed seeing you...but have NOT missed the flu bug at all! See you soon!

Dad

Gena said...

OCdeanwife, (Joni) I didn't mean to remove your whole comment. Just the extra ones. Whoops. That's okay about Raegan watching Hannah at your house. I was wondering how she had a clue what she looked like, though. ;) And I think she's sweeter and cuter, too.

rebeckaoneal said...

Gina, we will miss everyone too but would love for you guys to visit (you can even stay with us) we will be 1 hour and 45 min from the "D" word....

Shelly Collins said...

Catching up on your blog Gena - wow, I'm sorry you guys have been so sick. We've dealt with ear infections but not a ruptured ear drum, I can't even imagine what that entails. Sending thoughts of wellness your way!

Thanks for the compliment btw, funny how motivated I was to write that little poem...doesn't happen very often. I never knew Spring could be so girly!

Michelle said...

It won't be hard to post random foods if you venture to the asian district often, go for it! I think I will have some to add!

kj said...

Flossing and vowing to drop 50 pounds and buying a new push up bra before my next appoinment! BAHAHAHAHA! ; )

OCdeanwife said...

Sorry about the extra comments. Paige was using my iPhone to send our comments while in Kansas -- where the cell phone reception and wireless ability is somewhat lacking, so she didn't think it worked and kept sending it! Thanks for cleaning up our mess!

Rebecca said...

I love those baby bananas. I used to eat them with pineapple every day at lunch when I lived in Uganda.

Rebecca said...

You're only 3 1/2 hours away from complete Twilight fulfillment!